- Tomorrow is February 2nd, a.k.a. Groundhog Day! What a fun day – will he see his shadow, or not? Will Bill Murry wake up to “I’ve Got You Babe” again, or will it be a new day? Good stuff I tell you!
- It has been over a month since I’ve posted. How in the world did my life become so incredibly busy (please note my sarcasm!) that I didn’t post one time in January. I am speechless. And embarrassed. And sorry.
- But I have been a wee bit busy, and have had you all in mind. I have been doing some really FUN projects around the house that are frugal, easy, and give you some new ideas for decorating! YaY!
- I’ll also be doing a giveaway next week. Proctor & Gamble sent me a fun package with lots of goodies – and one frugal mom will win one too!
So as I’ve been cleaning paint brushes in the laundry room’s utility sink, I took a peak around my neglected laundry room. Now you’d think I’d notice the untouched piles of laundry that I am good at collecting, but what really struck my eye was the number of times I’ve missed the trash can when throwing away dryer sheets. Clearly, keeping my laundry tidy hasn’t been high on my priority list.
Stick with me…there’s truly a purpose to the rambling.
As I was laughing at the number of dryer sheets that had been unsuccessfully lofted towards the trash can, I was reminded of a discussion we had at one time on the FrugalMom message board regarding the use of dryer sheets. And I must say, you ladies are creative! Here’s a list of some great ways to reuse dryer sheets. And don’t forget to add your ideas to the comments. We may never throw a dryer sheet away again!
Top 10 Additional Uses for Dryer Sheets
1. I use a dryer sheet for all my clothes and save them after the first use. Then when I wash my towels I take the once used sheets and throw 2 or 3 (depending on the load) in with the towels. My towels still smell great and feel soft.
2. I use twice used sheets in a bag to use with my “Swiffer Duster.” I take 2 sheets and wrap around the duster pad overlapping in the middle. They pick up all the dust and dirt that the regular brand name Swiffer pads do with no extra cost!
3. I use twice used sheets as a dust rag on my furniture. Dust sticks immediately to them and then you just toss them in the trash. I love dryer sheets!
4. I sometimes use a dryer sheet to dust the TV screen. Works like a charm!
5. I reuse my dryer sheets on my dry erase board.
6. I put them in the bottom of the waste basket before I put the plastic liner (courtesy of wal-mart) in. That helps with the trash odor.
7. I keep dryer sheets with my pantyhose. They keep the static down.
8. I keep used ones in the bathroom in the winter and rub it on my hair when static is its worst in the winter.
9. I cut mine in half – it is like getting 2 for the price of 1!
10.To help loosen dried on/burnt on food from dishes/pots/pans fill the item with hot water and toss in a used dryer sheet – it also softens burnt/caked on food to make clean up easy.
So here are your great ideas…straight from our message board. Keep ‘em coming in the comments!!This post may contain affiliate links. What that means is if you click a link and make a purchase, I will receive a commission. This does not in any way affect the price you pay for a product, but it does help to pay my son's college tuition. Your purchases are greatly appreciated. :)