Here is a list of very affordable family vacations you and your family will never forget!
by Jason Anderson
Check here for ways to save money during your trips and stays!
1. The Grand Canyon: For an entrance fee of $25 per vehicle or $12 if you are entering by foot, bicycle or motorcycle, ( 15 years old and younger get free admission.) you get a week pass to see the most wonderful sights you might ever see.
You can also check out their web site for information on free admission specials, listing of events, and to plan out your stay. For more information visit: NPS.gov
2. Yellowstone National Park: For an entrance fee of $25 per vehicle you not only get access to Yellowstone National Park but also Grand Teton National Park for the week. Yellowstone is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise with hiking, fishing and miles of amazing sights to explore. Pack your meals in advance and look up the cheapest hotel and you’ve got yourself the perfect get away for your family. Remember you can visit on the off season for better deals on hotels and restaurants.
For more information visit: NPS.gov
3. Washington DC: Washington offers a lot of free museums like: Museum of Natural History, National Air and Space Museum and many more. No need to break the bank to visit some of America’s iconic sights like the Lincoln Memorial and the Washington Monument – it’a all free. Group tours of the White House are available, so make sure you plan your trip ahead of time.
For more information visit: washington.org
4. Road Trips: Set a destination and enjoy the ride. The nice thing about road trips is you can go for any length of time. Whether it is a day trip to tour local sites in your area, or a week long trip, you are sure to have an adventure. You can use websites like AAA for destination ideas, to map out your route, and plan where you will spend each night.
5. Yosemite: Yosemite National Park has many things to offer like white water rafting, hiking, fishing and so much more. If you’re planning a trip to Yosemite, first decide during which seasonyou plan to visit, then decide where you’ll spend the night (if you spend the night) so you can make lodging or camping reservations. Then, you can find the answer to the age-old question about what there is to do in Yosemite.
For more information visit Yosemite’s National Park Service website.
6. Las Vegas: In addition to the many casinos, there are a bunch of great attractions that you can find for a great deal. There are lots of ways to lose your money here, but there are many ways to enjoy yourself without ever having to open up your wallet. The Fountains of Bellagio, Circus acts at Circus Circus, The Aquarium at the Silverton are all wonderful choices. Make sure you do some research and book your hotels in advance so you know you are going to find the best hotel price.
For more information visit: Lasvegas.com
7. Myrtle beach: Who can resist a beach trip: sand, sun, and miles of beach coast lines. Myrtle beach has got it all, and with so many different tourist spots and aquariums there is something for everyone to enjoy. Make sure you check out the helicopter rides for only $20 and the slingshot ride (basically a backwards bungee jump that launches you 180 ft in the air) for $25.
For more information visit: Visitmyrtlebeach.com
Category: Vacations & Travel