Hi Frugal Moms! Thanks to Candace for letting me post once in awhile.
I love to decorate cheaply. It is the greatest feeling to be able to create something special for your home with things you already have on hand. This is what has happened to all of my windows. I will look at Target and other favorite stores but find nothing exactly right (or cheap enough….) to dress my windows in. So, what happens is that I pull out the old fabric box and start clipping swatches of fabric to the window (usually with a line and clothes pins). To be honest I put them up and tell myself that it is a temporary fix, but then they grow on me, someone makes a nice comment, and all of a sudden I cannot live without them!
Try it, you just might like what happens….
1. Cut (or rip for the frayed look) squares and rectangles of material that you love.
2. Tear down any hard wear above the window.
3. Nail up a line- a hemp twine looks nice.
Play around with your fabric….
4. Throw the fabric over the line until you are happy with the look.
5. Clip on some clothespins….if you want to make it extra-special — paint the clothespins.
Category: Frugal Decorating