Want to go straight to the good stuff?
FrugalMom’s list of Recommended Online Survey Companies
Survey Scout & The Survey Scout Scam Claim
We receive a lot of emails from people asking us about Survey Scout. FrugalMom can no longer recommend Survey Scout. When we originally reviewed this program several years ago, it was what it claimed to be. We signed up and used the program before recommending it. Today the quality of the companies that they promote seems to have gone downhill. I know that one of the concerns that many people have is wondering if Survey Scout is a scam.
Whether Survey Scout is actually a scam or just of questionable value is a fine hair to be splitting, and we won’t try. Survey Scout seems to promote a number of companies that do not give good value. There are also complaints about not being able to get the money back guarantee refunds – see ripoffreport.com for more details.
For these reasons, we cannot recommend Survey Scout, but we can recommend several online survey companies. Scroll down to see our picks for paid and free online survey companies…
Online Surveys Are Still Great Ways to Make Money From Home!
Don’t throw out the baby with the bath water, there are good online survey companies out there that are not rip off’s or scams. I have a small listing of good online survey companies here on Frugal Mom (see below), however, there are many, many more out there, many of them are scams or disappointing at best. It takes work and research to find reputable online survey companies, but its a lot easier to find the scams, rip off’s and spam sites. We’ve included our top picks of survey companies that are not scams, below.
There are a number of free survey company lists, but so many contain questionable companies that just end up spamming you, and of course it’s hard to know which are which until its too late! No worries here,
- Plink Join Plink and earn Cash & Rewards from Amazon, iTunes, Home Depot, Facebook and more … just for eating and shopping at some of your favorite stores and restaurants. You’ll earn rewards at more than 35,000 locations nation-wide. Free to join.
- MySurvey: This was the first survey company I ever joined, and it’s still one of my favorites.
- American Consumer Opinion This is another one of my favorite free survey companies. They pay really pretty well and they do pay reliably! As a member of American Consumer Opinion®, you will have the opportunity to participate in surveys, test new products, and evaluate new commercials.
- Opinion Outpost: Opinion Outpost is a research panel. You can earn points by taking surveys and redeem the points for cash!
- Inbox Dollars: Members are paid to read emails, take surveys online, play games, and go shopping! New enrollees also receive $5 just for joining!
- SwagBucks: I like this one a lot and have fun doing the different things on their site to earn swagbucks! Swagbucks.com is an online portal dedicated to helping you earn digital dollars called “Swag Bucks”, which can be redeemed for exclusive Swagbucks.com merchandise. Things like PayPal and Amazon gift cards, toys, clothes, collectibles, games, electronics and more… Swagbucks.com is a 100% free, no strings attached, free prizes, no shipping charges, no membership fee’s. Swagbucks.com has already rewarded over a million users with Amazon.com gift cards, and all kinds of quality products, to members across the United states, Canada and UK.
Online Survey Tips and Info
The work from home survey concept is this: you get paid to give your opinions on various topics, products or websites. As I began applying to companies I realized that while this isn’t a way to earn lots of money – it is a way to earn some extra money. And guess what – I got a check in the mail yesterday for $12.00. That takes my kids to McDonald’s for lunch! Okay, that’s not very frugal of me. That gives me $12.00 to buy meat in bulk!! Many of the survey companies enter you into drawings and winning a drawing is the only way to get paid. This is OK, as long as you understand what you are getting into.
The point is that paid online surveys are a great way to add to your monthly income and they take so little time. I did a paid online survey this week that required me to visit a website of a large hotel chain and answer questions about how easy it was to make online reservations. For my time (about 45 minutes) I received a gift certificate for $10.00 to Amazon. I then used the gift certificate to buy a book for my 9 year old son.
TIP: Create a separate email account to give to the survey companies as your inquiries will generate a LOT of email and unless you are quite discerning (or lucky) a good portion of it may be spamish. Our advise is to get a free account on yahoo or msn that you use solely for survey offers.
Some of the companies pay in cash, others pay with gift certificates or prizes and some will enter you into their monthly drawings for chances to win money. You can also earn money by referring your friends. When they sign up, you get paid!
So if this is something that you’d like to do then you’re going to have to invest a little bit of time applying to the companies. Once you are in their database they will send you emails inviting you to take a paid survey. Have fun!
One more thing – you may want to consider downloading Passkeeper to keep track of which companies you’ve applied to, your username and password. It’s free and I couldn’t live without it!