Frugal Mom Forums
Frugal Mom Forums » Search Forums » Search Results

Welcome to the Frugal Mom Forums.

We are very proud of our community - our members are friendly, the boards are filled with great frugal tips, we love helping others live frugally, and it is a terrific place to make new friends. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join us today - you will be warmly welcomed!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 50
Search took 0.01 seconds; generated 8 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: savvy_sniper
Forum: Frugal Tips 11-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 704
Posted By savvy_sniper
You need to READ the coupon carefully. Sometimes...

You need to READ the coupon carefully. Sometimes it states a specific size/quantity/variety.

If the cashier says you can't use the coupon, you need to ask WHY. The cashier doesn't always know...
Forum: Frugal Tips 11-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 523
Posted By savvy_sniper
freecycle, furniture stores, knick knack stores...

freecycle, furniture stores, knick knack stores AND tell your friends and family. ESPECIALLY the ones that work in an office. I sell online (my own website, eBay, Amazon, and Bonanzle) and I have...
Forum: Frugal Tips 11-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 623
Posted By savvy_sniper
We got our water heater blanket at Home Depot...

We got our water heater blanket at Home Depot when it was on sale.
Forum: Dustrag Divas 11-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 129
Posted By savvy_sniper
I took our shower head off a while back and let...

I took our shower head off a while back and let it soak in a bowl of CLR and when I put it back on it worked GREAT!

Mary
Forum: Frugal Tips 10-23-2009, 08:02 AM
Views: 623
Posted By savvy_sniper
We put a blanket on our water heater last year...

We put a blanket on our water heater last year and lowered the temperature. We now are only charged the minimum for gas about 9 months out of the year.

We installed a dual flush toilet a year ago...
Forum: Mom's Talk 10-23-2009, 07:58 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 101
Posted By savvy_sniper
I am SO jealous. I can't wait until we can buy a...

I am SO jealous. I can't wait until we can buy a freezer. My brother has been asking me to go halves with him on a cow.

Mary
Forum: Frugal Tips 07-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Views: 739
Posted By savvy_sniper
Hubby and I checked out THREE grocery salvage...

Hubby and I checked out THREE grocery salvage stores in our area Friday. Two were owned by the same person, but they had different stuff at each one.

We got:

Name brand high priced cereal for...
Forum: Dustrag Divas 06-18-2009, 02:10 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 491
Posted By savvy_sniper
On May 15 I challenged myself to stop using my...

On May 15 I challenged myself to stop using my electric dryer and dry my clothes outside. I got two rolling clothes racks out of the attic (used to rent a small house with very little closet space)....
Forum: Frugal Tips 06-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Replies: 17
Views: 818
Posted By savvy_sniper
I bought a wooden folding drying rack at a garage...

I bought a wooden folding drying rack at a garage sale for fifty cents. I made a promise to myself on May 15 that I would hang all clothes to dry and not use the electric dryer if at all possible.
Forum: Product Reviews 06-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 701
Posted By savvy_sniper
I have an older version of the Slap Chop and...

I have an older version of the Slap Chop and cheese grater. I have had them for around 20 years. The chopper is great; the cheese grater not so great. It hurts my hands to use it. They come apart...
Forum: Frugal Tips 06-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Replies: 14
Poll: In The Can
Views: 660
Posted By savvy_sniper
I buy generic, lightweight, tall kitchen trash...

I buy generic, lightweight, tall kitchen trash bags in bulk on eBay (they last for years). I use plastic grocery store bags in the small cans in the bathroom. Hubby has been trained NOT to put any...
Forum: Dollars and Sense 06-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 481
Posted By savvy_sniper
Open office is free shareware. Check it out. ...

Open office is free shareware. Check it out. Hubby and I have loaded it on several computers for people.

http://www.openoffice.org/
Forum: Dollars and Sense 06-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Replies: 19
Views: 1,445
Posted By savvy_sniper
I sell online and my sales fluctuate. Over time...

I sell online and my sales fluctuate. Over time I have built up my pantry stockpile, freezer items, cleaning products, HBA's, etc. as I found them on sale, had coupons, and had extra money.

I...
Forum: Frugal Tips 06-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Replies: 17
Views: 734
Posted By savvy_sniper
I have been pretty much paper towel free for two...

I have been pretty much paper towel free for two years now. I do buy a package of cheap paper towels and they are stored in the laundry room. That was the only way I could break hubby of using...
Forum: Mom's Talk 05-12-2009, 07:04 AM
Views: 221
Posted By savvy_sniper
Keep ALL packaging and contact the seller. The...

Keep ALL packaging and contact the seller. The USPS claims process recently changed and I don't remember all the details. Contact the seller first. You might call the post office and ask them. If...
Forum: Frugal Tips 05-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Views: 272
Posted By savvy_sniper
I know it is a little late, but I just saw this...

I know it is a little late, but I just saw this thread.
I have been selling on eBay since 2003 and my own website and Amazon for over a year now.

First you need a reliable scale. If you are...
Forum: Mom's Talk 04-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Views: 268
Posted By savvy_sniper
One of the local Harley Davidson dealerships is...

One of the local Harley Davidson dealerships is having a get together tomorrow. There will be free food and drinks; so hubby and I are going. The weather will be beautiful, we will ride the Harley,...
Forum: Online Auctions 03-24-2009, 05:27 PM
Views: 844
Posted By savvy_sniper
Trading Assistant Info

I hope this link works. It is from eBay. You can search for Drop Off locations and/or Trading Assistants in your area.

http://ebaytradingassistant.com/directory/index.php?page=home

Mary
Forum: Frugal Tips 03-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 668
Posted By savvy_sniper
We had Magnatite windows put on all the windows...

We had Magnatite windows put on all the windows in our house last year (April). Since the windows in the house are in good condition this is what we decided to do.

They go inside the house in the...
Forum: Mom's Talk 03-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 417
Posted By savvy_sniper
For those looking for a little help on the price...

For those looking for a little help on the price of shipping to their loved ones overseas:

Go to www.usps.com and open an account. You will have to attach a credit card to it. Then you can print...
Forum: Mom's Talk 03-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 256
Posted By savvy_sniper
I am SO happy for you! Oh how I wish there had...

I am SO happy for you! Oh how I wish there had been quilts too!

My paternal grandmother hand crocheted a bedspread for each of her children (3) when they got married. My mom passed hers on to me...
Forum: Dollars and Sense 03-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 323
Posted By savvy_sniper
I tried it and found that I already did pretty...

I tried it and found that I already did pretty well without paying for it.

Go here to read about it and sign up to try for free. Just be sure to cancel BEFORE your free trial is up or you will...
Forum: Mom's Talk 03-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Replies: 20
Views: 431
Posted By savvy_sniper
The bread machine yeast in right next to the...

The bread machine yeast in right next to the regular yeast in all the stores in my area.

Mary
Forum: Mom's Talk 03-04-2009, 09:31 AM
Replies: 20
Views: 431
Posted By savvy_sniper
I use my bread machine several times a week. I...

I use my bread machine several times a week. I have not purchased a loaf of bread in over 6 months. I buy the jar of bread machine yeast (cheaper than the packages) and keep it in the fridge. I...
Forum: Frugal Tips 03-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 452
Posted By savvy_sniper
Put them in a container that you can seal tightly...

Put them in a container that you can seal tightly with some charcoal. That should help. You might never get the smell out totally. When the weather is sunny and dry you could set them in a shady...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 50