+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pantry Challenges?

Default Pantry Challenges?

Hi!

I was just wondering if you all ever do pantry challenges on here?

You know, where you challenge yourself to use things out of your pantry or what you have on hand, rather than buying more.

I don't mean going into your stockpile necessarily but well, say ...

In my cupboard I have part of a box of macaroni and so I look for things that I can put with it that I already have on hand in order to make a meal.

Many times I know there are things that end up getting shoved to the back of my cupboards that "should" be used but I tend to over look at times.

I'll be moving in a few weeks so thought it'd be best for me to use what I can that I have here, instead of buying more.

Love,

Jen

I do pantry challenges almost every time I buy groceries. I try to use up what I have or at least what I bought the last time and never used. I am doing this especially now, since school is starting and we have had quite a few added expenses this summer. I just got back from the store and had budgeted $250.00 (for everything) and only spent $190.00. So I have a bit left over to finish up DS supply shopping. He won't know what he needs until after school starts, he's in HS. So now I have it covered.
    Christie
    Married to the love of my life
    Mom to the best kid ever!!!

That's what I just did the last couple weeks to save some extra money for our August Challenge we have going. It really is amazing what you can do with the food stuck back in the pantry.

Well, I am going to WinCo tomorrow to do a stock up trip, but after that I am all for it! Why don't we post what we find and how we use it? You never know who might be out there with the same things and not a clue what to do with it!LOL!
    Shawn, mom to 3 and wife to my love

Visit my online store! www.beautipage.com/shawnwells

Shawn that is a great idea. Sometimes I have a bit of this and a bit of that and I don't really know what to do with it. Sometimes I can get a bit creative and sometimes I just completely draw a blank.
    Christie
    Married to the love of my life
    Mom to the best kid ever!!!

Great idea to post what we come up with!

Mine most likely will be some different from most of ya 'cuz I live alone and also I don't eat meat. *lol*

Was going to see what I could use for supper tonight to use some things up but was too tired so made sloppy joes using TVP.

Love,

Jen

+ Reply to Thread