+ Reply to Thread

Thread: at home sales question... have you sold avon, pampered chef? anything like that

Default at home sales question... have you sold avon, pampered chef? anything like that

Have you sold avon, mary kay, pamper chef, tatsefully simple or any other at home poduct like that? Did you have success? What did you sell? How much did you earn? Where all the hours you spent doing it worth it?
    - RamblingsOFaSAHM

I have sold Avon, Tupperware and stuff like that. Tupperware did the best for me as far as those kind of things. I live in a small town and a poor county so it was hard to make it work. I think sometimes you spend more than you make.
    I know some people do great with it but it's just not for me.

I sold Southern Living at Home. You will only make money at it if you work it like a business. I did not want to dedicate the times in the evenings away from my kids and that is when most of the parties are held.

I haven't done any of those things although I have thought about it. I really wanted something that didn't require parties and stocking inventory. I am really happy with what I am doing now and will continue to do it so that I can stay home with my daughter. Good luck at finding something that works for you and your family!!!

Arrow tupperware

I was in Tupperware. I signed up for just the discount. My up line wanted me to sell but I am not a seller. I am a behind the sences person. But she pushed and pushed and I thought...ok..... I'll give it a try. I found myself on the phone a lot and I mean A LOT! It was like I was a TM. I also found myself spending more then I made. I know in Tupperware you make 25% of what is sold and in Mary Kay (I have a friend in it) you make 50%. I also understand that it is 50% in Cookie Lee, too.
    I know a lot of ladies that are doing good in a "Sells" home business. But it not for me.
    My thoughts on it is this....
    If you like doing the "party" thing and good at making friends and coaching people to buy, then it is a way to make money. I just see it as making pocket change. Not enough to pay high ticket items - house, car, boat, etc. It can be a good side job to pay off some CC's. The income is not stable. Plus if you have little ones at home; it is hard to do the 'calls' on a perfetional level. Keep in mind that this is MY VIEW. I do have a friend in Tupperware that has done very well. She is the breadwiner and her hubby does nothing (bad marrige). All of her bills are paid with Tupperware. She has done good for herself but it took her 11 years to get to this point. I see it as a sloooow way to climb a ladder.
    I am no longer in Tupperware. I still help my friends out when I find someone that is intrested but as for me....I'm not selling.....and not planning on to do anything like it again.
    Use it up, wear it out, deal with it or do without.

I sold Mary Kay... let me rephrase that I bought $1000 worth of product about 2 years ago and still have it sitting in my closet-what I've not given away to friends/family and as gifts. The lady who got me started was going to show me lots of ways to make money with it. I love the "party" thing, I seem to never meet a stranger- I thought it was the right thing. Well, she got me started and I have NEVER heard from her since! I tried to call the company, left many messages and well I still have product.
    Avon was good for me. I made good money- not enough to complete support my family. Then I had people writing me bad checks or not paying at all.

As far as selling things there are always upsides and down sides to it all. It's up to you in what to do and how much time you wanna put into it. I personally will not do anything like this again.

Quote Originally Posted by mythreem View Post
    I sold Mary Kay... let me rephrase that I bought $1000 worth of product about 2 years ago and still have it sitting in my closet-what I've not given away to friends/family and as gifts. The lady who got me started was going to show me lots of ways to make money with it. I love the "party" thing, I seem to never meet a stranger- I thought it was the right thing. Well, she got me started and I have NEVER heard from her since! I tried to call the company, left many messages and well I still have product.
    Avon was good for me. I made good money- not enough to complete support my family. Then I had people writing me bad checks or not paying at all.

As far as selling things there are always upsides and down sides to it all. It's up to you in what to do and how much time you wanna put into it. I personally will not do anything like this again.

Have you ever thought about selling the Mary Kay you have left on ebay to get rid of it?

I've sold Pampered Chef and Avon. Both have great products, but I'm not a sales person. I'm not "pushy" enough. If I had to recommend one, I would recommend Avon. The start up costs are WAY lower, so you aren't out that much if you find you don't want to sell it any longer. Plus it's a "consumable product," so you can usually get repeat customers. Whatever you decide, good luck!
    ~Heather~
    Loving wife to Michael
    Proud mommy to Johnathan
    Proud to be a Soldier's Angel!
    www.soldiersangels.org

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Worry looks around, sorry looks back, faith looks up!

"There ain't no right way to do the wrong thing..." ~Toby Keith song

"Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried to slam a revolving door." ~Unknown

Well I bought the pampered chef start up kit to help my friend out and I wanted the stuff that comes with the kit. I also though that after my parents and friends bought stuff from me that that would cover my intial start up cost... well aparently I took tolong - its only been 6 weeks, and I am no longer active so i can't buy the sample stuff or the discount stock items so its kind of turned me off.... Just was wondering it it was worth it hosting a party and trying to turn in 1250.00 in sales in the next two weeks. I'm leaning towards no.. thanks for the input!
    - RamblingsOFaSAHM

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie peeps View Post
    Have you ever thought about selling the Mary Kay you have left on ebay to get rid of it?
    My niece tried to do this, and Mary Kay sent her a really ugly letter saying that they didn't like their product being sold like this and that it was against their contract- they would take legal action against her. So, I guess it's out of the question.

Since I've been giving some away as gifts, it's been saving me time/money going and getting something. My mom and friends really likes the gifts too.

I thought Mary Kay had a thing they would refund your money on product but you could never sell it again??

Quote Originally Posted by JIll C View Post
    I thought Mary Kay had a thing they would refund your money on product but you could never sell it again??
    I would have to pay for the shipping to return it and would only get so much back because of the date I purchased it- that's what I was told when I called the warehouse where they ship product from. It's also true that if you return your inventory that you can't sell ever again. I don't understand why they are like that, but it's ok with me cause I don't plan on it. I do know that I should have done way more research than I did. Lesson learned.

I "sold" Mary Kay for a while. I just signed up to help my friend. Then I bought my inventory, held one class, and lost interest. There weren't enough people who were willing to host a party. So, most my inventory was either used by me, given as gifts, or sold on ebay or yard sales. It was WAYYYYY to expensive for me to stay in, and sales just isn't for me.
    ~Krissy~

Loving Wife to Warren * Mommy to David & Andrew*

i sell avon and its doing ok not to support everyone just for a little spending money.
    im in love with Richard

I attempted Mary Kay a few years ago. I was told that all I had to pay was the initial fee...then once they get me in, they started pushing me to buy $4,000 worth of product!! There was no way! And when I said I couldn't do that yet, they said they couldn't help me. I will never do anything like this again.

I did Mary Kay back in my pre lupus days. I actually did very, very, well with it. I am really sorry you had such a bad experience mythreem. I will say one thing though.. for it to work it has to be almost a full time job. My kids were 7 and 4 when I had to quit and I was at the point where I was up at 5 everyday ..getting DS off to elem school.. DD to preschool or the like on her days...and I was grademother.. PTA pres ... all that. Then I would take care of my home and do the shows at least 2-3 evenings a week.( then add in the mandatory meetings you had each week) At the time my kids were too young really for extra curricular activities and they would be home with dad. I would be up till about midnight on party nights doing paper work ect. Going on 5 hrs sleep a night for years finally caught up with me and I had to give it up. Even with all the hours I worked I could have never supported a family on it unless I worked more hrs than I was willing to. The money I did make was nice. I can remember purchasing a new washer and dryer when we needed it..and a lot of little extras.. and most of what I earned was a tax right off too. So my opinion is you can be successful if you have a director or manager that supports you and if you are willing to put in ALOT of hours.

I've looked into a lot of those but I just don't want to do the parties and delivering and all that. I'm very content working from home and doing everything on the internet and the phone instead.
    Blessed to be a mommy

I've sold avon, tupperware, and pampered chef. I just couldn't get anyone interested in have parties and the pampered chef, although I love it is to pricey for a lot of people. I am back with avon and just sarted it up. hoping I can make a good run of it like I did the last time.

I did Creative Circle - many years ago, not sure the company is even still in business.

I did well with it, because I love most all crafts , and I loved to teach it to others, then sell the kits to make money.

For a while, my income from that business, was all the income our family had at the time.

Later, I got an RN job that worked with our family hours, and I quit the party selling.
    "I'm parallel parked in a diagonal world!"

+ Reply to Thread