+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where is your family from?

Default Where is your family from?

I was talking with my youngest yesterday and I asked him if he knew that he was part Irish. He responded, "So why don't I sound Irish??"

They are in there right now looking at the globe looking at where Germany, Ireland, and England are since that is where their ancestors are from. I thought it would be fun to see where your families are from. Mine is from Germany and Ireland.

Mom to three handsome boys and one beautiful girl. Wife to an inspiration.

How do we change the world?
    By performing one act of random kindness at a time.

I am Native American, German, Norweigen, Irish and Swedish.
    SAHM to Hunter, Expecting in April 2010, Wife to Brian & Student Midwife

My mom moved here from Austria when she was 10. My Dad's family has been in the US forever, but he has some English in him. I'm not sure what else, but now I will have to call and ask him!

On my dad's side it's Indian and German.
    On mom's side it's Irish and German.
    You tell by looking at my dad that he has a whole lot of Indian in him. I wish I could trace it all back because I think it would be neat to give the girls.

I think knowing where you came from is really neat. My mom is from Guadalajara, Mexico and my Dad is from Tijuana, Mexico. So I am 100% Mexican but if you look at me you would think I am full Caucasian so I know there is Spanish in there I just don't know where.

Cynthia

Cherokee Indian, Irish, German basically the normal Appalachian mixture!!

From my mom: Polish, German and French

From my dad: Polish
    ~ Aimee ~
    Proud Michiganer
    Mom to Nik and Anthony

My paternal grandparents immigrated from Germany . . .

My maternal grandfather - must have had some English as his last name was Simpson . .. but court records burned shortly after he was born, and his parents died when he was very young.

My maternal grandmother was American Indian (she never used the PC term of Native American). Part Blackfoot, part Osage.
    "I'm parallel parked in a diagonal world!"

On my dads side 100% Irish and on my moms side Yugoslavian (my Grandfather was 100%) American Indian, English and a mix of other stuff I have no idea about! Lol
    Shawn, mom to 3 and wife to my love

Visit my online store! www.beautipage.com/shawnwells

Mostly German and Irish with a little Dutch tossed in for good measure : )

and on this same topic....did anyone watch the new Geneology show, the first one was tracing roots for Sarah Jessica Parker?? Im HOOKED!

I am German, Dutch and French.
    Hubby is Polish and German.
    Sharon

My mom's side is 100% Sac and Fox and for my Dad's side, the farthest I've gotten in my research is our ancestors came over on the Mayflower. But I don't have any countries of origin yet.

I love genealogy research so much. When we lived in Orlando, the main library had an awesome genealogy department and I loved spending the day there researching, and going through microfilms...it is SO much fun!! But I haven't gotten back into it since we moved.

Join FrugalMom on Facebook
    Follow FrugalMom Twitter!

Visit the Frugal Mom Blog!

Work at home, homeschooling mom to 5 boys!

It is so interesting seeing where all of you are from! I really need to do some geneology research on my side of the family. Would love to really research my dad's side. Dh's family is English. Some interesting stories there.

Mom to three handsome boys and one beautiful girl. Wife to an inspiration.

How do we change the world?
    By performing one act of random kindness at a time.

Maternal side immigrated from Italy 4 generations ago and Paternal side immigrated from Poland 4 generations ago.

And that explains my love for eating! DH always says my family would kill someone ( Italian Mafia) if they could find them ( Polish joke!)

Irish, German, English
    Patti

I'm Portuguese, German and Irish. My grandfather (on my dad's side) was born in the Azores and moved to the states to work in the ship yards in San Francisco. My DH is the one with the interesting background. He's got El Salvadoran, French Morocco (from his mom's side) and of course TEXAS from his dad. We're just a big mix, but all with dark hair and fair skin.

I think it's interesting to learn where everyone comes from. I wish my grandfather had taken the time to teach me even one thing about my Portuguese roots - I know nothing Oh well, guess that means I'll just have to visit it one day!
    God Bless You - Have a great day!
    Debbie
    Stop by the Writin' 4 Him Cafe and join me for a cup of coffee at: http://writin4him.blogspot.com/ Now you can click "subscribe" to receive each new post!

"I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders." Psalm 9

+ Reply to Thread