+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Lots of changes at home

I just HAD to share!! I hit the big 5-0 this morning! 50 pounds are gone!! WHOOO HOOO! 16 pounds to my first MAJOR goal and 36 to my, lets see where we go from here goal DH also hit his 30 pound mark. He has 20 more to get to his first major goal and then who knows. DS has lost 14 pounds this month. Not sure what his grand total is. So proud of all of our hard work and determination.
    Christie
    Married to the love of my life
    Mom to the best kid ever!!!

Just seeing this Christie and that is AWESOME! Congratulations! I am so proud of you and for you. Keep up the good work. Congrats to your DH and DS too!
    Bernice

Quick update. DH and I are still losing but it has slowed WAY, WAY down!!! I am down 57 pounds and he is down 40. We are still walking 3 miles as many days a week as we can. We didn't get to walk much at all in March when Mama was so sick and then Daddy had another stroke, but we are getting back to it regularly now-- No less than 3 times a week. Some weeks we get to go 5 days! Yay. My last doctor visit went really well and he was still super excited about our progress, even if it has slowed down. He said to keep it up. My body has changed so much since August--December even. I have had people walk right by me and then stop and turn around because they didn't recognize me. That is a great feeling =) DH is doing awesome! He is the smallest he has ever been and still has just a little bit to go. Our doctor doesn't want him to lose too much more, maybe 5 more pounds. So he is really close to his goal. I have about 25 more to go and I realize that it may take me a while but that is ok too. I didn't gain it all overnight, I know I'm not going to lose it all this first year. I am ok with that (sometimes! LOL) Being healthy is really my ultimate goal. Just wanted to share with you, that I am still hanging in there.
    Christie

You guys have worked so hard and I'll send a 'good on ya, mate' (I have a friend from Australia, so I'm learning the slang) to both of you. A lot of people would have used the upheaval in the past few months of your life as an excuse to stop or to back slide. Good for both of you that you've not fallen into that trap.

Keep up the good work.
    THIS IS NO ORDINARY HOUSEWIFE YOU'RE DEALING WITH!!!

Only Bleach Manufacturers Care If My Socks Are White-My facebook journey of working towards living as simply as possible.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Only-...99784580091063

Thank you!! It has been hard, not gonna lie, and the week Mama was hospice, I lost 7 pounds from not eating. I quickly put that back on--but from eating the right way--DH fussed at me, because I wouldn't take the time to eat, other than a quick snack, because I didn't want to leave long enough to eat. My boys, or my friends would bring me stuff to eat, but it was all I could do at times to get it down. Some nights I didn't even go home to sleep, I stayed the night and left long enough in the morning to get a shower, once someone else got there. My intestinal track was empty, so a couple of days I was in severe pain but I kept on going. Not smart, but it is what you do sometimes.

I know I am going to be alright and get this weight off once and for all. I want to live a LONG healthy life. I have learned a lot about my self these last 8 months, things I don't think I would have if I hadn't taken charge and made the changes. Thank you all for your support.
    Christie

Christie,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Creating a new healthier lifestyle will only bring you more happiness into your life. Even though you now have a limited diet, it will all be for the better good in the long run. A few months back my doctor really urged me to lose some weight. I was about 40lbs over weight. He put me on a diet plan where I've lost 30 lbs in 4 months. I can't explain to you how much healthier I am mentally. I'm in a completely different state of mind and I couldn't be happier. I wanted to recommend a drink that my doctor had a high opinion for, Boost. I didn't know what it was at first, but it's a ready-to-drink protein drink that is loaded with nutrients. Whenever I have a craving for a snack I drink one of these and my appetite is settled. I strongly recommend buying these drinks. I hope this helped you out and I wish you the best! Let me know if you have any other questions.

(url removed - please read "Posting Guidelines")
    Last edited by Tammy; 04-30-2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: url removed - please read posting guidelines

Great job Christie! I have lost 32lbs since January and I am starting to feel better about myself again. I still have more to lose and hope to be able to work harder this summer on loosing it. The older I get the harder it is to take the weight off. Good luck and hang in there. I have really been inspired by your updates. Thanks for sharing.
    Bernice

Thank you Bernice =) It is so much harder as you get older. I will be turning 44 in a few months, so I KNOW! LOL The first 30 came of relatively fast, these last 27 have been a bit harder, but I am not giving up. Good job to you too! I hope we can inspire each other, and others. That is part of why we are here =)
    Christie

It is so much harder as you get older. I will be turning 44 in a few months, so I KNOW! LOL
    I turned 44 in March...wow, how did I get here so quickly?? LOL The best thing I've done for myself in the past few years is to give up the notion of trying to be skinny and fit some sort of image of beauty that's unatainable for everyone. I'm working on being strong and healthy. Yeah, I'm about ten pounds heavier than what the latest doctor-used table says I should be, but I'm happy and healthy and I don't worry about perfection anymore. I walk 2 miles a day, do my yoga class (along with daily yoga) and work in gardens-mine and the community one-and I feel better than I ever felt when I was trying to be something I was never going to be.

Only Bleach Manufacturers Care If My Socks Are White-My facebook journey of working towards living as simply as possible.

Amen! My doctor doesn't use the "table". He said he is more concerned with my numbers (from my bloodwork) than that table. I feel the best I have in years. I still have a ways to go to get where I want to be, but until then I am just enjoying life and the changes my body is going through. Turning 40 was very liberating for me =) I am comfortable in my own skin and doing things for me. I am NEVER going to weigh 130 pounds---I would look like a skeleton---I have curves and I am proud of them. One of my very best friends is a fitness trainer, and used to own a gym here in town, that women would kill for my curves. I am healthy, both physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually-- I am me =)
    Christie

I am NEVER going to weigh 130 pounds---I would look like a skeleton---I have curves and I am proud of them
    Amen to that!! The last time I got down to 130, people kept asking me if I had been sick or something. One guy I worked with was brave enough to tell me that I looked better when my weight was where it had been before. LOL I'm a curvy gal...that's how I was made.

And my doctor told me that all of my numbers (from blood work) are good and to just watch that my weight doesn't keep going up. I laughed and said 'Up or down, I always end up back at my current weight. It's been doing this for 20 years'.
    Last edited by Tampa Mom; 05-10-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Not much to update here. I am stuck at 57 pounds! That is ok. My body is still shrinking, and I am eating correctly. I haven't been able to walk for a few weeks. When TS Debby came through 2 weeks ago we were flooded, and our walking path is STILL underwater. Then DHs mothere went into the hospital and we were burning up the roads to the hospital 45 minutes away and would SIT for hours on end. This week it has settled back down. I started an in house exercise program in my living room to get moving, until we can walk again--I miss it!! The doctor said this would happen to me. I am more than a number on the scale. I am a good mother, and excellent wife a sister, daughter, daughter in law, friend, employee, coworker, and a child of God.

That being said, when I started this journey 11 months ago. I wore a 20W (and some 22w) pants and a 1x or 2x shirt--I was WAY out of control! Although a lot of people told me that by looking at me they would have never known--whatever!! LOL I do carry my weight well--I have a firm body build and curves. I am now wearing a large shirt and size 14 or some 16 (depending on the cut). I am still working hard and will eventually break my plateau and start losing again. Until then I just keep working at it and watching my body "catch up" to the weight loss. Really hoping I don't have too much loose skin =)

I am sure I will be back on here updating quite often when that happens!
    Last edited by Doodlebug; 07-11-2012 at 08:31 AM.
    Christie

I'm glad that you realize you're more than a number on a scale or a dress size!!!! You've done so much to help yourself be healthier. And remember...stress causes your body to release extra cortisol and that can lead to weight gain (or in your case no weight loss) because it directly affects fat storage in your body. You have been under A LOT!!!! of stress in the past few months. Plateauing during this time is not a big surprise. When things settle down, and your body and mind do as well, I'm sure you'll be right back on track again.

Thank you for that information. I really did not know that. I am going to do some research on that. You are right, I have been under a HUGE amount of stress and I am just thankful that I haven't gained any! I am really trying hard to get back into a routine that works for me right now, and I will change it again as things settle down. Thank you for the encouragement
    Christie

I went back to the doctor on Monday for my 4 months check up. I hadn't lost any more weight since I was there in March, but he wasn't really concerned. He said it would pick back up, that as long as I continued to watch what I eat and exercise, I would start losing again. I am gaining muscle and losing fat and my body is shrinking to "catch up". The good news is that ALL my number were back in the normal range!!! First time in a YEAR that I haven't had at least 1 in the abnormal range--too high or too low. He was very excited and proud of me and the even best news is that I don't have to go back to him for A YEAR!!! YAY!!
    Christie

That's great news. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by chickn View Post
    That's great news. Keep up the good work.
    Adding my voice to this! Wonderful news.

That is great Christie!
    Bernice

+ Reply to Thread