+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have what you want and want what you have

Default Have what you want and want what you have

This phrase has stuck with me for almost 2 weeks now! I think it is such a powerful statement and has made me stop and reflect on how much I wanted to be married and have children, and that God gave me these things and am I truly taking care of what He has gifted me with? If I'm being totally honest I have to say no. I get lazy, just like anyone else, but having this statement stuck in my head is making me more aware oif what I need to do to tend to what God has blessed me with. 2012 is going to be a year of growth for mw, I can just feel it!

So, do you have what you want and want what you have? If so, how are you tending to those blessings and if not, how can you get there?
    Shawn, mom to 3 and wife to my love

Visit my online store! www.beautipage.com/shawnwells

There was a line in a song a few years back (same genre as your saying), 'It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got'. That too sticks in my mind.

My biggest wish when I was growing up was for a family that loved and cared for me and accepted me as I am. I got that for the first time with my husband and daughters. And now my grandson. It's such an incredible gift and I cherish it so much. I've always known my husband was meant for me because he was exactly what I needed when I needed it the most.
    THIS IS NO ORDINARY HOUSEWIFE YOU'RE DEALING WITH!!!

Only Bleach Manufacturers Care If My Socks Are White-My facebook journey of working towards living as simply as possible.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Only-...99784580091063

Shawn...that is such a great quote. And it's awesome that it has inspired you.

Every now and then, I get cranky about something....like cleaning the toilets...and I stop and remind myself that it's actually a wonderful thing that I have 3 toilets to clean and the "time" to clean them.

Sometimes we just get so bogged down in the day to day grind that we lose sight of the reason we're chugging along.

I love that saying.

Shawn I love this saying too. This came into play with me way back when I lost my job and DS was to start kindergarten. I got a job with the school system, but lost 2/3 of my income. It was the BEST thing that could have ever happened. Since then I have pretty much lived this. All I ever wanted, even as a young girl, was to be a wife and a mother. I think I am better at both of these, because of losing my job and being there for my child. Nothing makes me happier than to be home with my DH and DS, knowing that I have my needs met and then some!
    Christie
    Married to the love of my life
    Mom to the best kid ever!!!

So true Shawn.. I honestly feel sorry for people who always want a bigger house.. bigger paycheck ect. Its like they are trying to fill a void.. if that makes sense. Contentment is really such a blessing.

+ Reply to Thread