+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone else working from home? How many hours?

Default Anyone else working from home? How many hours?

Hi everyone, I currently work from home and love it. I have two small children though so I can't work too much, probably just three or so hours a week (which actually still ends up helping a lot!). It does vary from week to week, though.

I'm curious how many hours a week other people with work at home jobs work. Especially those with young kids!

Note from Administrator: In response to this thread, please do not post solicitations for your business opportunities, affiliate links, or anything else that will violate our Posting Guidelines. . Misuse of this thread will result in infractions given and/or banning.
    Last edited by Tammy; 01-31-2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: wah specifics removed & reminding everyone to play nice ;)!

It depends on the day, I have an 8 year old, soon to be 3 year old, and due with my 3rd daughter March 29th so I try to put in at least 10 hours a week but its not a straight 10 hours, what i do allows me to work 100% online so when my youngest is napping I will work a little or after they go to bed or whenever i can find 10 minutes here and there I work. I am lucky to have found a work from home opportunity that allows me to make an income and have flexibility since my girls are my first priority

I work from home, and have for the past 5 years. In the beginning when my kids were really little and still took naps, I worked about 20-30 hours per week. Now that I've been working my business for a while, and kids have homework and after school activities, I've been able to scale back to 10-15 hours per week. It's important to me that I get to spend quality time with my kids and working my business around my family. I have to be honest, I don't know how you would build any business seriously with only 3 hours per week, that's not even 30 minutes per day! My advice, if you are really serious about building a successful business, be sure to set some strong consistent business hours for yourself. If you work just 1 hour per day, that would be a realistic goal.

+ Reply to Thread