+ Reply to Thread

Thread: veggie garden

Question veggie garden

I like tomatoes, lettuce and onions, I am afraid thats about it. For some of you more experienced in backyard gardening I was wondering about how many tomatoe plants I would need? For one person I mean. I like lettuce and tomatoe salads nearly every day, I think 2 "sets" of onions would be enough for me, I am unsure about how much lettuce to plant and what kind. I like leafy lettuce. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have about 50 feet by 10 feet in which to till and plant for this.

I love the flavor of the butter crunch lettuce, usually plant 2 0r 3 varieties cause I think it makes a better salad. I ofter do a bib lettuce and black seeded simpson and a red one also though I don't remember the variety. I love baby spinach in my salad so include that also.

Tomato plants (once they get going) put out a bunch of tomoatoes. Unless you're canning, I'd say one or two bushes would be enough for one person. Oh, and if you like green onions, you can top them in the kitchen (where the roots are) and stick them back into the ground and they'll continue to grow green shoots. I love that!!!!
    THIS IS NO ORDINARY HOUSEWIFE YOU'RE DEALING WITH!!!

Only Bleach Manufacturers Care If My Socks Are White-My facebook journey of working towards living as simply as possible.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Only-...99784580091063

plan to plant your lettuce varieties in stages, so they'll produce a constant supply for you - and lettuce needs shade, or it will bolt and get bitter. I plant mine under a trellis with plants that climb (cucumbers, squash, pole beans, etc.).
    "I'm parallel parked in a diagonal world!"

+ Reply to Thread