+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A composting we will go, a composting we will go, hi ho the derry-o ...

Default A composting we will go, a composting we will go, hi ho the derry-o ...

DH finished my composting barrel last night, can't wait to start filling it up and making some of that composting gold!!!

We have such terrible soil here, if you can even call it soil, I think we'd be better off making bricks instead...but that's all I have so I have to work with it...I've been trying to amend the soil in one particular place for the last 5 years, but that red clay seems to just suck it in and whatever I put on it disappears! Back home we had wonderful dirt and beautiful lawns (with irrigation) sigh, I miss real dirt!

Anyhoo...I am determined to get some grass growing so wish me luck on my composting adventure!

good luck!!
    Shawn, mom to 3 and wife to my love

Visit my online store! www.beautipage.com/shawnwells

Good luck to you! We have sandy soil here and other than strawberries, most things won't grow well in just plain old soil. We mixed compost and peat into the dirt and it holds the moisture so much better than without it. The garden is coming along. It will be two weeks on Monday and we've got babies popping up all over the place.
    THIS IS NO ORDINARY HOUSEWIFE YOU'RE DEALING WITH!!!

Only Bleach Manufacturers Care If My Socks Are White-My facebook journey of working towards living as simply as possible.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Only-...99784580091063

That's great! We've had some frosts here so I'm still waiting to plant anything outside, but I'm itching to get planting.

I hope our garden looks like it did last year. It was soooo pretty, but I doubt I'll have the time for it this year.
    Last edited by Tammy; 04-26-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Has anyone ever tried the little Kitchen composters?

Well, my compost is just about ready to be spread and a new batch started. My MIL keeps giving me stuff to put in it. They live on 250+ acres and have a humongous garden for just the two of them, not sure why she isn't composting her own stuff...but that doesn't really matter as every bit helps me. lol

Garden is coming along nicely, I've been picking green beans and waiting for the tomatoes to turn red. I may even have one yellow squash by the end of next week! I just LOVE this time of year.

Good Luck to you !!!

+ Reply to Thread