+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frugal Family Fun Ideas

Default Frugal Family Fun Ideas

Let's share ideas of how to spend quality time with our families while still being frugal!!

I think I am going to create a scavenger hunt for us all to do.

Ooohh, scavenger hunts are FUN!

Some of the things we like to do are:
    ~Lunch and walks at the park
    ~Movie nights (borrow movies from the library and make popcorn)
    ~Game nights (rotate board games and video games)
    ~Porch nights (perfect for this time of year) where we sit on the front porch after dusk in blankets and wisper talk and listen to the night and look at the stars
    ~The kids are still young enough to love for me just to sit and read to them too
    ~Kick ball game, the kids love for us to split into two groups and kick a ball back and forth. You score by kicking the ball through the other side's defenses.

Mom to three handsome boys and one beautiful girl. Wife to an inspiration.

How do we change the world?
    By performing one act of random kindness at a time.

Im going to take DS to the local Hockey arena for hot dogs and watch some free hockey

The hot dogs will cost more than if I make them at home, but it will be a fun outing and he will be able to burn some steam off!!
    ~Morgan

Made in

Fill clean empty ketchup bottles with colored water. Send them out into the snow and let them paint the snow.

That is a great idea!

Saturday night is our family time together. Last Christmas, I bought a gift for "the family" and said it was from one of Santa's Elves. I got an ice cream maker because my kids and DH love ice cream. So, we make home-made ice cream on Saturday afternoons. The kids love it because we can put in whatever we want. Then at night, we have a family game time together and eat our ice cream. It's a simple thing to do, but after a hectic week of schedules, kids arguing, running here and there, it's a lot of fun and more importantly...brings us all together
    God Bless You - Have a great day!
    Debbie
    Stop by the Writin' 4 Him Cafe and join me for a cup of coffee at: http://writin4him.blogspot.com/ Now you can click "subscribe" to receive each new post!

"I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders." Psalm 9

Time has become an increasingly scarce resource, and more and more families are becoming victims of this scarcity - spending less and less time with each other.

Arts and Crafts Day
    A Family Picnic
    Puzzle Time
    Kite Flying

All these are my past time issues with my family...
    Last edited by Tammy; 07-07-2010 at 11:59 PM.

Family on budget needs frugal ideas for going to Washington DC and New York.?
    Family of 4 first vacation to the East. Traveling from the south. Need expertise money-saving tips to help ensure fun for two teen girls who love History.

+ Reply to Thread