+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Girl Scout moms

Default Girl Scout moms

As a lot of you know I am leading DD3s Brownie troop this year. I was wondering if those of you that have been leaders before could give me some ideas on how you got things started and how you stayed organized (not really great at this!) I have handouts with info on what a Brownie does, the Promise and the Law for them to have and to help them memorize it as well. The first Try It we are doing is going to be working on is Brownie Girl Scouts Around the World. I really want to make this a great year and would love to hear any of your ideas/suggestions! Thanks!!!
    Shawn, mom to 3 and wife to my love

Visit my online store! www.beautipage.com/shawnwells

I would first be sure to get a sign up list of mom's that can help out if you haven't already done so. What our troop has is a mom that makes the reminder calls/sends emails for various things throughout the year. This takes some of the 'work' off the leader/asst leader. I would also be sure to do a monthly newsletter and have the girls be responsible for getting their parents to see it. That way activities don't get forgotten and you have a steady line of communication w/their folks. As an asst- I held meetings before the start of each major fundraiser to go over everything w/the girls AND their parents. That way we were all on the same page. That's about all I can think of right now. Hope that helps

I had a Girl Scout 3 ring binder with all my info. Also each meeting, I did a newsletter called "Brownie Buzz" to keep the parents informed.

OOOOh, I like the Brownie Buz idea! I have 2 other moms that are helping out as well, and I will have them doing a phone tree and such, so that will help out. I am hoping that the program book will be out soon, that way I can schedule some activities out of that too. I think we are doing Girl Fest, but thats not until November. Thanks for the ideas! If you think of anymore don't hesitate to share with me!!
    Shawn, mom to 3 and wife to my love

Visit my online store! www.beautipage.com/shawnwells

momto2 Guest

I can't remember which patch it was for but we did signs that you put in your front yard that say A Girl Scout Lives Here. The sign itself is white with green for the words. Each of the girls brought their dads to help them with it. If a dad wasn't an option they could bring any male figure in their life that they wanted.

+ Reply to Thread