+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First day back to work

Default First day back to work

Its my first official day caring for Peyton and Ava full day again. I did have them on a couple of occasions over Mom's maternity leave this is the first I have had them from 7:30-5/5:15. It hasnt gone too badly so far... although I think this is the first I have sat down without a child in my lap. So far today I

Woke with DH.. put out hot spots.. got laundry going... ran sweeper

Did devotionals.. treadmill.. made kids breakfast.. swished and swiped baths.

Sent DH and Kids off to school.. ( DS took Emily on his way to college.. he will do this for me on Tues and Thurs till she gets her license on 3/15.)

Kiddos arrived.. just at the same time my friend arrived to pick up jewerly party order I placed with her.

We played together till Ava fell asleep and then I played one on one with Peyton.. we played with Play Doh.. did puzzles ..and applied tons of airplane stickers to paper.. over and over and over

He played alone ( about 20 min)while I put one box of books back onto the bookshelves.. DH has been painting the house and did the hallway Monday and put the bookshelves back yesterday.

Peyton watched 30 min of TV after Ava woke and I gave her a bottle. I got him situated for lunch then and at that time the delivery man came with our new dishwasher.. the old one had been recalled. He was here about an hour taking out the old one and putting in the new one. I cleaned the floor from when he took the old one out.. he said it wasnt that bad.. looked pretty bad to me..

We read stories and cuddled and then I got Peyton ready for a nap... he settled fairly easily. I cuddled with Ava a bit and then put her in her bouncy seat and took her into the hallway with me.. where I unpacked and shelved the other 5 boxes. After another bottle she fell asleep as well. I had about an hour period.. including now.. where both kids were asleep at the same time. I prepped dinner and after school snack.. folded 3 loads of wash.. and spent 15min in my zone. Both kids are starting to stir now and then I am off to get Hannah and Gage.. it is pouring here.. not a good day to get used to putting a new car seat in the van.

The hour that Hannah and Gage are here will be spent having snack, doing homework and playing.

DH is getting his car serviced after work and then plans on unloading a trailer full of coal after that and DD has track practice after school. After dinner we will pack lunches for tomorrow and do what I can of my evening routine. We have Bible study ( here ) at 7:30 and that should run till about 8:30.. at that point I think it will be a good idea to call it a day.
    Last edited by prmom; 03-04-2008 at 02:00 PM.

Sounds like a busy day...and a little like my days...LOL!

Busy busy! Was Peyton excited to see you? I bet he was!
    Liz

Sounds like you were a busy one today! How is Peyton doing with Ava? I can't believe she is already old enough for you to have her!
    Shawn, mom to 3 and wife to my love

Visit my online store! www.beautipage.com/shawnwells

Wow, you've been busy today!

Tammy~married to my sweetheart ~sahm to my pumpkin
    Come visit me at my new blog!

That is a busy day!

Whew - I know how it goes....sounds like you had a really busy and productive day. Great to hear from you!!

wow busy lady!

Today as been a good day as well.. although it had hectic start. We had flooding overnight so there was a 2 hr delay this morning.. which meant I had Hannah and Gage.. and then had to take several detours to get everyone to school.. DS's college didnt delay... so I was the primary driver. Ava has slept more today than yesterday and Peyton was very content to play Duplo blocks for quite a while. He is also really starting to enjoy sitting for longer periods of time to look at books ect. I did have a chance while Emily was here this morning to get my baths and master bedroom deep cleaned.. she insisted on holding Ava.. and Gage played with Peyton.. so hey who am I are argue.. DD is leaving on a pep bus at 3 to go to Hershey as her BF's basketball teams moves on to the next step to play for the State Championship.. it will be a late night for her. I have plenty of leftovers.. so dinner is easy tonight .. I will head to see my mom for a bit after supper and then home to get most of what I can out of the way to make tomorrow a easy day too. I set up this area near the high chair.. I call it my " Peyton Station". It actually has Ava's things as well. I have 3 drawers in this stand and I put snacks in one.. sippy cups and bottles in another and diapers and wipes in the 3rd.. I restock every night and I also pre chop and put in containers Peytons snacks and lunch. He now feeds himself fairly well with a spoon and fork so he is getting much more independent. Both kids are sleeping now and I dont have to get Hannah and Gage after school.. so I just may have a bit of time to myself.. Ahhhhhhh

Sounds like you've gotten in a good groove, Nancy!
    Patti

Nancy I love reading your posts. You are such an inspiration. You are a great example of what a wife and mother are supposed to be. I love the idea of the "Peyton Stations" I wish I had thought of that when my son was small. It would have made life much easier "when Dad was in charge" :-)

Dont feel bad.. my first baby will soon be 20 and I never thought of a Petyon Station before either. I just knew with 2 kids only 20 months apart I needed to have everything at hands reach without it being out sitting everywhere looking cluttered. Suprisingly Peyton hasnt really noticed it yet.. Emily keeps saying .." wait till he opens those drawers and realizes food is inside"

Quote Originally Posted by prmom View Post
    Emily keeps saying .." wait till he opens those drawers and realizes food is inside"
    She is SO right. I have to keep everything under lock & key here...nothing is safe. Little hands are everywhere.

once yours get bigger you forget how quick they are! Sounds like you are getting along great Nancy!
    Shawn, mom to 3 and wife to my love

Visit my online store! www.beautipage.com/shawnwells

You are the type of sitter that every working mother dreams of finding!
    ~ Aimee ~
    Proud Michiganer
    Mom to Nik and Anthony

Nancy, I also love to read your posts. You are wonderful with children.

+ Reply to Thread