+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does this count toward your water intake?

Default Does this count toward your water intake?

I have been drinking my 64 ounces of water a day like a good girl but water is getting old quick. I got some crystal light and was wanting to use that in the water. My question is would you still count the crystal light water as part of your water intake for the day or is it seperate. I really don't want to drink the crystal light and then have to drink more water on top of that.

I would think it would count. I used to work with a lady that tried to drink her water, but absolutely hated water. So she'd put just a tiny bit of juice in to flavor it, but still counted it as her water.
    ~Heather~
    Loving wife to Michael
    Proud mommy to Johnathan
    Proud to be a Soldier's Angel!
    www.soldiersangels.org

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Worry looks around, sorry looks back, faith looks up!

"There ain't no right way to do the wrong thing..." ~Toby Keith song

"Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried to slam a revolving door." ~Unknown

A lot of people would tell you, "No way!" They wouldn't count anything that wasn't straight water, however I can't stand not having any flavor. I can drink about one glass of straight water and that is about it. Now, I don't count my coffee nor Pepsi, but koolaide, tea, crystal light, etc, I do. I just can't drink that much water without any flavoring. I know how you feel.

Mom to three handsome boys and one beautiful girl. Wife to an inspiration.

How do we change the world?
    By performing one act of random kindness at a time.

thanks ladies! Its hard for me to get the water down. I really don't like water I think I am going to count it as my water intake too. otherwise I don't know if I could ever get it all down everyday. I have been doing it but its hard!

I've heard you can count juice, tea, etc. just not coffee or pop. good for you for getting all those liquids!
    mb

I thought that you could count any liquid as long as it wasn't caffeinated because of the diuretic effect.

Quote Originally Posted by marabeth View Post
    I've heard you can count juice, tea, etc. just not coffee or pop. good for you for getting all those liquids!

Ditto!!

Dr. Oz was on Oprah recently dispelling health myths. He told of a study that was done recently comparing people who drank their 64 oz. of water with those that didn't. I think it was in regard to weight loss. The result was NO DIFFERENCE. He said that people do not need to go crazy with the water, just drink a reasonable amount of water and other liquids and eat lots of fruits and veggies which also contain a lot of water. If you still want to go for the 64 oz. I would definitely count the Crystal Light.
    Renée

I agree with Renee--I have heard certain fruits and veggies count as well. Also that whole 8 cups a day--also heard that is the size of a dixie cup but not sure if that was a rumor...
    Liz

I got this from a "health article"
    http://health.yahoo.com/nutrition-ov...E4CEF5FD3.html

Beyond the tap: Other sources of water

Although it's a great idea to keep water within reach at all times, you don't need to rely only on what you drink to satisfy your fluid needs. What you eat also provides a significant portion of your fluid needs. On average, food provides about 20 percent of total water intake, while the remaining 80 percent comes from water and beverages of all kinds.
    For example, many fruits and vegetables — such as watermelon and cucumbers — are nearly 100 percent water by weight. Beverages such as milk and juice are also comprised mostly of water. Even beer, wine and caffeinated beverages such as coffee, tea or soda can contribute, but these should not be a major portion of your daily total fluid intake. Water is one of your best bets because it's calorie-free, inexpensive and readily available.
    Married to DH for 8 wonderful years
    DD1 6 yrs. old DD2 4 yrs. old

The Dr. that appears sometimes on Oprah, says everything counts as water. As long as the urine stays a clear color you are hydrated. The deeper yellow it gets, you need more H20. The downside to some of the flavored waters are, they contain art. sweeteners, causing cravings for food. The bodys insulin producer, mistakes art. sweeteners for sugar, then releases insulin from the isle of langerhans, the insulin requires " food " to burn it up, so you want to eat. Also caffeine, (sp?) causes water to be released from the body, instead of hydrating. Crystal light I believe has caff. in it. I would get the " to go " packs first, see how you react to it.

+ Reply to Thread