+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Rose Trilogy by Beverly Lewis

Default The Rose Trilogy by Beverly Lewis

I love Beverly Lewis books about the Amish people. I currently am ready about Rose. I just could read these books every day and never get enough. I also love pioneer books about our ancesters and what hardships they endured getting us all here where we are. These along with my Bible studies take up a lot of my time, however I do love to read! I love the Little House on the Prarie series of movies, but haven't read her books. If anyone has a set they are thinking about getting rid of, the dvd's or the books, let me know, I ca n give you some extra Christmas cash for them.

I met Beverly Lewis when she did a book signing at our Borders right after the Thorn came out. She is so sweet and so genuine . I love her books as well. We do live around many Amish and often get to see the other side of them.. that isnt portrayed in books ( starving horses... ect ) but like you I get swept away in the story line. They are so well written. I have met some very nice Amish women too, dont get me wrong and when we have our Rally for TOPS each year there are always a lot of Mennonite ladies there and there are days where their simple life seems soooo appealing.

I love her stories. Just love them.

Yes I think simple is so much better than how most are living now a days. Lots of the complications we have now are peer induced rather than need. I am working on wants vs needs now and doing pretty well at it and happy with the simplicity.

+ Reply to Thread