Frugal Mom Forums
Frugal Mom Forums » Work From Home » Work From Home » Need to stay home with my disabled son

Work From Home Discuss working from home with other moms! Please do not share your opportunities on this board

Welcome to the Frugal Mom Forums.

We are very proud of our community - our members are friendly, the boards are filled with great frugal tips, we love helping others live frugally, and it is a terrific place to make new friends. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join us today - you will be warmly welcomed!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:02 AM
laramontero

Post Need to stay home with my disabled son

Hi,

I work part time from home, but in the near future, I am going to retire from my job to stay at home and work my home business full time. My son is autistic, and has only been cared for by relatives. Soon, I will be the only one who can stay home with him.
I am just curious. Are there other moms out there who have no other option but to work from home? And if you do, how many hours do you work per day to earn enough to pay the bills? I am just trying to get organized and figure out how to proceed with working at home full time and making it work.

Thanks!

Lara
Old 04-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Ruby_D

Talking

Hi, there...read ur message and thought I'd let you know about the business that I chose and how I chose it. (you can also read my own post entitled, "My First Bonus Check Came Today")

I am 44 y.o., have 5 children with only 1 left at home. I home school him, he's 8 y.o. Actually, he is not biologically my own...I have had him since he was 2 weeks old. I have fibromyalgia and high cholesterol...have had both since 20 years of age. I am a Reg. Nurse by profession, but haven't been able to work for the past 8 years due to the symptoms of fibromyalgia and 2 back surgeries. My mind wants to work, but my body doesn't cooperate. So, I have tried a bunch of businesses from home over the years, but it just wasn't working out...mostly because I'm not a salesperson at all.

I started looking into things in January for bettering my health. I wanted to eat better, healthier foods. I started doing research on that and also for a way to make money. Then I got the idea, "Gee...Maybe I should combine the two." So, I started doing research. I saw an ad for Shaklee and saw that it had supplements. Then I looked at the prices of the products. I originally thought they seemed expensive. But I thought I would email the guy who's ad it was and see if he could just give me more information. I AM SO GLAD I DID!!

I got an email then a phone call and then we looked at some things on the internet - his training program - together. I was so impressed! I seriously learned things about this company that I really got excited about. And not "hype" kind of stuff. Real, honest to goodness exceptionally healthy and scientifically researched and proven products. PLUS, the compensation plan/way you make money is exceptional as well.

I would really love to share what I've learned with you (and anyone else who's interested). I love these products so much and believe in them because I've used them and KNOW they work.

I also want to say, that I know not everyone on the planet might agree with me...and decide they would rather do something like selling candles, crafts, etc. That's just not what I personally was looking for.

Contact me if you would want more information and I will either email or call whichever you prefer. danne5@ptd.net

Have a Terrific Day!!!