Frugal Mom Forums

Love and Marriage Love and marriage, love and marriage. Go together like a horse and carriage. Dad was told by mother, you can't have one without the other

Welcome to the Frugal Mom Forums.

We are very proud of our community - our members are friendly, the boards are filled with great frugal tips, we love helping others live frugally, and it is a terrific place to make new friends. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join us today - you will be warmly welcomed!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:53 AM
prmom

Default My challenge to DH

I have challenged DH to come up with a Valentines gift that doesnt cost him anything. We had planned on going to dinner ( I have a coupon) but he keeps asking me what I want as a gift. I keep telling him nothing. ( and its true). I told him I have faith that he can do this.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:58 AM
sweetie peeps

That's a good one!! We haven't even talked about doing anything yet.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Mickey29

Send a message via AIM to Mickey29 Send a message via MSN to Mickey29 Send a message via Yahoo to Mickey29

Good idea. I sure he will come up with something very special.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Doodlebug

That is a great idea. I have already pulled out 2 Valentine's Day cards that I got when I purchased a box of multi holiday/occasion cards from school. So just a few cents there. I am still thinking on what else to do for DH and DS.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:45 AM
kansascrochetmom

Send a message via Yahoo to kansascrochetmom

oh my gosh my dh wouldn't know what to do I can't wait to hear what your dh is going to do

**Change Challenge $8.57**
Wife to my darling husband
Mom to my handsome son
Mom to my beautiful daughter
Blessed am I.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:47 AM
prmom

He made me homemade cherry cobbler .. but did buy a card. I also got a very nice massage. I made DH his favorite molasses cookies that I cut out with a heart cookie cutter. He loved them! Both kids spent Sat night away from home and Sunday AM DH made me breakfast in bed.. buckwheat pancakes and sausage before church..It was a really nice Valentines day weekend.

Last edited by prmom; 02-16-2009 at 04:02 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:02 AM
duinok

That sounds like a very nice Valentines day!
DH, I, and the kids did go out for supper on Valentines Day. (I hadn't left the house since Wed. morning with DS1 being sick, and we were all feeling well, and going a little stir crazy from being cooped up for so long.) We get to the Perkins parking lot, and DH makes the comment of how busy it was...and he wasn't sure why. I said "Well, it is Valentines day and the supper hour, I'm sure they have some specials going on."...DH turn and looks and me funny and says "It's Valentines day?" ...good thing I wasn't holding out for flowers or jewelery or anything! LOL! Gotta love him anyway!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:28 AM
kansascrochetmom

Send a message via Yahoo to kansascrochetmom

aaww that sounds wonderful!

**Change Challenge $8.57**
Wife to my darling husband
Mom to my handsome son
Mom to my beautiful daughter
Blessed am I.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:04 PM
janette

I'm just seeing this now. What did we do? Though it may seem boring, it is frugal. We are frugalmom, after all, right? We don't "celebrate" Valentines Day. In our home it is valentine's day everyday. Every day we try to live in harmony, and do things for each other. It doesn't cost a cent. It's called love, and committment, and being a hand and foot to each other. We spent the day at home, and enjoyed a day off together. The kids came home and we enjoyed playing with the grandchildren. SIL, being a romantic, bought flowers for his wife, our DD, and we are still enjoying them today, as they left them here for us to enjoy. After all, they would've gotten squashed in the van, and it gets pretty cold here at night. It was a lovely day!
My help comes from the Lord'
the Maker of heaven and earth. (Psalm 121:1...NIV)
Old 04-14-2009, 12:57 PM
StrawberrySweet77

awww that was a cute Valentines Day...Im going to try that next year