Frugal Mom Forums

Pet Talk Share your pet tips and stories here!

Welcome to the Frugal Mom Forums.

We are very proud of our community - our members are friendly, the boards are filled with great frugal tips, we love helping others live frugally, and it is a terrific place to make new friends. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join us today - you will be warmly welcomed!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Lisa

Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default So upset

about something that happened to a lady my SIL works with. About 2 1/2 months ago, she found a stray dog in the middle of an intersection. They could tell it was well fed and cared for. So they called the couple of local animal shelters, put up flyers at all the local stores, and pinned up flyers around the neighborhood. 2 months go by and no owner. They decide to keep the dog and get his shots and neutered. Two weeks later, they get a call from a man saying he is the owner. He comes over with his three kids and it is his dog. He then realizes that she had him "fixed" and gets very mad. He tells her that he is "no f***ing good to him now" and drags is three crying kids to the car and leaves the poor dog there. The dog was distraut also. She said as soon as he saw them, he was about the break the door down trying to get to his family. The guy only lived a few blocks away. He had to have seen many of the flyers before this. She was not asking him to reimburse her for the cost of anything. She just wanted to find is family, then decided not to put him in a shelter where he very well would have been put to sleep and give him a good home. It is just so sad.

Mom to three handsome boys and one beautiful girl. Wife to an inspiration.

How do we change the world?
By performing one act of random kindness at a time.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:31 PM
sweetie peeps

I'm so sorry that man reacted that way. I mean after 2 months and them living that close you would think he would have seen something. Plus if they really loved the dog it shouldn't have been an issue.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Girleymom3

That is awful! She sounds like a good person to have taken in the dog. What a jerk! He must have wanted to breed him, but if he didn't even bother to look for the dog for 2 months it's his own fault. I feel bad for the dog and the poor kids!

visit my blog http://whatsupwiththewells.blogspot.com/

Old 04-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Doodlebug

That is aweful. Sounds like the dog is better off with your SIL than with the original owner. He must not have been two worried about him if he didn't check up on any posters or at the shelter. Shawn is right, he must have only wanted him to breed since he was no longer "any good" to them.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:05 PM
familyof6

Yikes! What a rude man! I feel bad for the kids and the dog. How horrible!
Old 04-16-2009, 07:24 PM
kansascrochetmom

Send a message via Yahoo to kansascrochetmom

that is so sad I can't believe people are like that!! I would be devestated if I lost my babies!

**Change Challenge $8.57**
Wife to my darling husband
Mom to my handsome son
Mom to my beautiful daughter
Blessed am I.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:37 PM
nbp2452

Default dogs end of the deal

Sounds like the dog ended up with the best home ater all. The other people obviously just wanted him for breeding, probably didn't really getting to look for him til someone had a female in heat. People are so irresponsible
I lost 12 pounds in october
I lost 8 pounds in november
I lost 6 pounds in december...
I lost 4 pounds in jan....
I lost 6 pounds in Feb.....
I lost 5 pounds in March....
I lost 2 pounds in April....
total lost 43 pounds !!! :
Old 04-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Solitudesheep

Send a message via AIM to Solitudesheep

People are ridiculous. that man is like allot of people who only want to breed the dog and make money. I'm glad she got him fixed and he now has a good home

Old 04-17-2009, 10:40 AM
crazymom4

That's awful to hear, but one good thing about is.....he's got a good home now and not just a home to be a breeder.

I commend your sister for keeping the dog. Lots of people don't care one way or the other.

Nicki
Old 04-17-2009, 02:08 PM
Becca

Seems if the dog was valuable to him for breeding he would have put up his own flyers and called the shelters and police to try to locate him. I agree with everyone else. It's better for the dog to be in a loving home where the NEW! owner is taking responsibility. If that is the result then thank goodness she got him fixed!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Lisa

Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I agree he is in a much better place. I just couldn't believe someone would treat an animal that is supposed to be a part of their family that way. I can't even imagine losing one of our animals. It just killed me when we moved here and I couldn't find one of our cats after she went in a hole under the house. (The house needed lots of repairs when we moved in.)

Mom to three handsome boys and one beautiful girl. Wife to an inspiration.

How do we change the world?
By performing one act of random kindness at a time.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:00 PM
HAMCHRIS

Oh that burns me up!! People like that man should not be allowed to own pets!!! Sounds to me like the poor pup has a chance to find a better home now!!

"Mothers of little boys work from Son up to Son Down"

]