Frugal Mom Forums
Frugal Mom Forums » Work From Home » Work From Home » Home business ideas??

Work From Home Discuss working from home with other moms! Please do not share your opportunities on this board. All posts will be moderated.

Welcome to the Frugal Mom Forums.

We are very proud of our community - our members are friendly, the boards are filled with great frugal tips, we love helping others live frugally, and it is a terrific place to make new friends. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join us today - you will be warmly welcomed!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:48 PM
makaveligurl

Question Home business ideas??

Hi everyone, I'm just wondering if any of you have had any real success in operating a home business? What do you do? I'm trying to start my own at home business..or partner with an existing one...I don't want to do selling/ and or parties..I guess what I'm asking is does anyone have any ideas about a home business? (Childcare is not for me and I don't make crafts, just so ya know..also I'm willing to put in the hours)

Note from Administrator: In response to this thread, please do not post solicitations for your business opportunities, affiliate links, or anything else that will violate our Posting Guidelines. . Misuse of this thread will result in infractions given and/or banning.

Last edited by Candace; 06-03-2010 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Reminding everyone to play nice. :)
Old 05-29-2009, 11:16 AM
2boysmom

I do very well at home as a designer/artist and photographer. I'm self taught and have been at it about 5 years. Basically I re-learned photography based on a love for it since childhood and then I taught myself photoshop skills. I've had ads in Mary Engelbreit's home companion mag even. It's not for everyone and it does take lots of time and some $ but, I think, if you write down things you love/things that interest you/things you use to do in the past,etc...you may find a surprise that it's something you can do to make $. I hear "48 days to the work you love" by dan miller is a good book. Dave Ramsey suggests it a lot. It helps you do kind of what I mentioned with finding YOUR thing.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:51 PM
makaveligurl

Thanks for the advice...very true about finding something you love to do and creating something from that! I like the idea of self-taught too! Hmm not what do I love to do lol??
Old 08-29-2009, 10:32 AM
wrightr78

I do very well at home working part-time helping other make money or save money. It possible, before I found the job I am now working I did tupperware, and ebay. So if you have any questions I will give you my honest opinion. You must find something you are passionate about. Stick with it. The one thing that has kept me going is the support of the group I work with, the training, inspiration and motivation has pushed my home business to the next level.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:26 PM
AvonChick

I just want to add that I do Avon and it was the best decision I ever made! Now they have eParties and eFundraisers which is going to just explode when people realize how easy this makes their life!
Old 09-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Katy Savage

Smile Medical Transcrptionists work from home

Have you thought about becoming a Medical Transcriptionist? You can work from home, the hours you chose.
This is what I am doing: Med Workshops Online Medical Transcription School is offering a free Medical Transcription education to one Deserving Essay Contest Winner. You could win a free Medical Transcription education which includes Mentored Internship and Guaranteed Job Placement.

url removed - please read posting guidelines

Last edited by Tammy; 09-14-2009 at 10:34 PM. Reason: url removed
Old 10-09-2009, 05:09 AM
Jean LA

I do adsense publishing. My husband thought me how to make blogs and advertise on the web. It is fun...
Old 02-10-2010, 06:12 PM
shannon_seeber

HI Jessica,
so when you say that you are a at home designer/artist and photographer, what do you designer/artist photographers? and how do you make your money at that?
As I know how to do photoshop and have some skill in that but I haven't use a lot of it.
and you say that you have to put a little extra money and time so how much extra money do you have to put in?
Shannon Seeber
Old 06-02-2010, 11:22 AM
breannag

What type of job are you looking for? What are you skills? I TOTALLY understand not wanting to sell! LOL
Old 06-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Candace

Send a message via MSN to Candace

I work from home - I have this forum and my frugalmom.net website. I also do web design, and I am a writer.

One area that I've noticed that has become quite popular on my website is a pet sitting business. You can check out articles and information here: Pet Sitting Business

Contact me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter!

Visit the new Frugal Mom Blog!

Work at home, homeschooling mom to 5 boys!