Frugal Mom Forums
Frugal Mom Forums » Frugal Living » Let's Get Crafting » full grown man needs help with crochet project (northwest indiana)

Let's Get Crafting Would you like to learn to crochet, kit, quilt, sew, paint, make jewelry of all kinds or do any other yarn or needlecrafts? We have free instructions, pattern links, Q&A and more.

Welcome to the Frugal Mom Forums.

We are very proud of our community - our members are friendly, the boards are filled with great frugal tips, we love helping others live frugally, and it is a terrific place to make new friends. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join us today - you will be warmly welcomed!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Becca

What are the general dimensions of the squares? You have to factor how big the afghan will be. Figure out how many squares across, how many squares down to equal fifty.... 10x5=50, but would be narrow, lol. 8x6=48 with 2 squares remaining. These could be crocheted in white, allowing for a word to be place in it. Such as baby's name, or "boy", "girl", "baby", "duck", etc....

If you let me know what size you want the afghan, and if the 48 plus 2 extra are all right, I will give you a basic granny square pattern for your size. Please understand the size may still depend on HOW each person crochets. One person could have tight stitches (smaller square), one could have loose stitches (larger square). The smaller squares could be adjusted, but you would probably have to have someone that knows about crochet to put the afghan together for you.

Hope I can help with the pattern.

"I sometimes wish there were two of me, but I'd probably just get in my way!"

Second time around mom (2 girls - 2 boys) and loving it!

Savings this month: $12.52