Frugal Mom Forums

Prayer Requests Share your prayer request, favorite Scriptures or just talk about the Lord!

Welcome to the Frugal Mom Forums.

We are very proud of our community - our members are friendly, the boards are filled with great frugal tips, we love helping others live frugally, and it is a terrific place to make new friends. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join us today - you will be warmly welcomed!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:40 PM
marabeth

Default for a friend

some of you may remember a friend of ours who had a neck injury just less than two years ago. this young man is paralyzed from the neck down, with just a little movement in one hand. he was feeling optimistic and undergoing rehab, but has had some big setbacks. he hasn't gotten more movement back like he's hoping for and a few months ago he got a staff infection from a bedsore and has to lie on his stomach most of the time while it heals. Since the accident, he moved in with his parents and is now 3 hrs away. We've heard that he's been feeling pretty down, so dh went to see him today. dh took some seeds and pots and soil and planted some stuff for our friend to tend to and watch grow. please pray for this young man. I can't imagine what day-to-day is like for him.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Lisa

Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Praying for him! You are good friends to make sure you keep in touch with him and make the extra effort to visit and raise his spirits.

Mom to three handsome boys and one beautiful girl. Wife to an inspiration.

How do we change the world?
By performing one act of random kindness at a time.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:46 PM
sweetie peeps

Sending prayers and I agree with Lisa

Old Yesterday, 09:50 AM
mom2two

I'm so sorry Mara. Praying for your friend, and his family. I know this has rocked their worlds.... my cousin was in a car wreck in 1990 (at age 30).... I've lived it, so I somewhat know what they are going through.
Old Yesterday, 10:15 AM
marabeth

dh said he was in good spirits and is healing, though another bedsore is appearing. the guy had ordered some special foam for his wheelchair and it arrived while dh was there and they got his chair outfitted. they planted a bunch of hot peppers (that's what he wanted!) and the family cooked out on the grill in the evening. I just feel like an extra boost of prayers can't hurt!
Old Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Becca

My prayers go out to him and his family. This is really tough for all. Have they tried to place duoderm on the bedsores? To provide cushion while allowing it to heal.
Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Tammy

Sending prayers for him and his parents!

The plants are a wonderful idea!

Saved this month: $12.75
Old Today, 06:36 AM
kansascrochetmom

Send a message via Yahoo to kansascrochetmom

sending prayers

**Change Challenge $8.57**
Wife to my darling husband
Mom to my handsome son
Mom to my beautiful daughter
Blessed am I.