Frugal Mom Forums
Frugal Mom Forums » Frugal Living » Mom's Talk » I need answers please about the post office.

Mom's Talk This is our most popular board where you can talk about almost anything! Come on in and talk about your kids, your family, great ideas, personal news, etc.

Welcome to the Frugal Mom Forums.

We are very proud of our community - our members are friendly, the boards are filled with great frugal tips, we love helping others live frugally, and it is a terrific place to make new friends. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join us today - you will be warmly welcomed!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:04 AM
savvy_sniper

Keep ALL packaging and contact the seller. The USPS claims process recently changed and I don't remember all the details. Contact the seller first. You might call the post office and ask them. If the seller did not properly pack, then USPS will deny the claim.

HOW did you pay for the laptop? If you used PayPal and/or a credit card, you have options to make a claim. BUT you have to follow certain procedures and file claims within a certain time frame.

Mary
Old 05-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Becca

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvy_sniper View Post
Keep ALL packaging and contact the seller. The USPS claims process recently changed and I don't remember all the details. Contact the seller first. You might call the post office and ask them. If the seller did not properly pack, then USPS will deny the claim.

HOW did you pay for the laptop? If you used PayPal and/or a credit card, you have options to make a claim. BUT you have to follow certain procedures and file claims within a certain time frame.

Mary
I agree. Contact the seller first. Then get the information directly from the sources for any follow up. That would be USPS or credit card/PayPal, however you paid. Be sure to find out if any of them have a specific instructions on informing them of other options you have pursued. Good luck to you.

"I sometimes wish there were two of me, but I'd probably just get in my way!"

Second time around mom (2 girls - 2 boys) and loving it!

Savings this month: $12.52