Frugal Mom Forums

Dollars and Sense A place to come for tips and ideas to live within your means, cut your spending, and start saving for your future.

Welcome to the Frugal Mom Forums.

We are very proud of our community - our members are friendly, the boards are filled with great frugal tips, we love helping others live frugally, and it is a terrific place to make new friends. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join us today - you will be warmly welcomed!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2009, 08:56 PM
multiplyblessed

Default 2010 Budgets

A New Year....New Decade.....and a new chance to create a family budget.

We are starting this year with more debt than we have ever had in our married life due to 4 months of unemployment and 3 months of medical bills last year, but I am determined to get things back on track. So, here is our 2010 budget:

Mortgage: $2300.00 (This includes our mortgage and escrow account. We are no longer paying extra on the mortgage since we will be spending the year paying off debt)

Unemployment debt: $500.00 (We owe the person that helped us out $6000.00. So, we should be finished paying them at the end of the year.)

Medical debts: $500.00 (We owe around $6000.00 in medical debt. So, we should be finished paying them at the end of the year.)

Utilities: $800.00 (This includes water, garbage collection, electricity, gas, telephone, internet, cable, cell phones, tivo, security system, and life insurance premiums)

Car Payment: $550.00 (We plan to pay off my car in February. YIPPEEE. That money will then be put into savings to begin building a fund for a new car probably in early 2011 (if mine holds out that long))

Groceries: $300.00 (This includes groceries and all household supplies)

Gasoline: $200.00 (This includes gas for both cars plus our toll fees)

Allowances: $400.00

Mini-Accounts (These accounts I will deposit the following amounts in each month, and the leftover from each month will grow to cover larger expenses in these categories):

Kids: $500.00 a month (This account will pay for class tuitions, any school expenses, allowances, their birthday party, clothes,.....basically anything kid related)

Minor Emergency Account: $200.00 a month (this covers medical, auto, and emergency household expenses)

Slush Fund: $300.00 a month (this will cover recreation, eating out, household "wants", and gifts)

Health Insurance, tithe, some savings, and charity are all taken out before I begin the month.

Renee