Tips for Reusing items: (These tips came from our Message Board – Thanks Ladies!)
5. Reuse empty spice bottles.
6. Save and reuse bacon grease.
7. Save the heals of bread, stale bread, crackers, etc. to make bread crumbs with.
8. Save the trays that frozen dinners come in and use them to freeze a homemade tv dinner made from leftovers.
9. I buy ground beef at Aldi’s that comes in a deep tray that is more like a bowl. I make the ground beef into a meatloaf, shape it into a size that will fit in pan and freeze it in the original tray from Aldi’s.
10. Reuse bottled water bottles for baseball games. I just fill them with tap water and put in the fridge and we are good to go!
11. I reuse scrapbook supplies like crazy. I save every little scrap because you just never know when you will need that color again!
12. I save all of the stickers and mailing labels that charities send when they want money. I love using those!
13. I re use bread ties. When i get out of the shower, I put gel in my hair, twist around my finger and twist with a bread tie. Much more comfortable than rollers and when i get up in the morning I have lots of ringlets.
14. I also get paint stir sticks at the hardware for free and use the label my plants outside.
15. I have the girls in the office save the toys they get out of thier lunchtime happy meals and give to my nieces and nephews to play with at my home.
16. I use an empty bread bag to put my plastic grocery bags into saving space and mess.
17. I save and use junk mail to start bon fires. I also re-use my same hanging flower basket year after year and just fill with a flat. Cheaper than buying the basket already made.
18. I buy the pretties serving bowl and dishes used at the local good will and have a beautiful table all year round.
19. Reuse soap! Do you end up with little pieces of soap? Use them to make your own liquid hand soap to be used in a pump dispenser. To make, combine in a microwave safe container bits of regular soap to one cup of water. Microwave until soap is melted and let sit overnight. Add to hand pump. Add water as necessary.
20. Instead of buying paper napkins, I use cloth napkins and reuse them.
What ways have you found to reuse items? Tell us in the comments!