This past week Brother sent me one of their new printers – the MFC-J825DW Inkjet Multi-Function Center. I am completely in love with this sleek printer and today Brother is giving away a new printer to one of you also!
About the Printer
As a WAHM, having the right office equipment makes my job so much easier. Not only does my business benefit from this printer, but the whole family uses it. Because the printer is wireless, my kids can access the printer from their computers which helps so much with their schoolwork. The printer is compact and a great choice for a home office.
Printing: The printer holds 100 sheets of paper, and the paper tray has a separate place for photo paper. This makes it really easy (and fast) to print out photos. One very fun option the printer has is it can print photos and documents directly from Facebook, Picasa, Flickr, and Google Docs. Each method needs to be set up separately, but once the printer connects to the various websites, printing is very easy. You simply use the touchscreen on the front of the printer to look through and select whichever documents or photos you want to print.
If you ever need to print a CD, DVD, or Blu-ray Disc, the printer comes with a special printing tray. When not in use, the tray tucks neatly into the scanner lid.
Scanning: I was very impressed with the flatbed scanner. Not only is it fast and easy to use, but the quality of the scan is excellent. The printer comes with PaperPort 12 which is the scanner software that organizes all of your documents in one place and helps you to get (and stay!) organized. Using PaperPort, you can annotate PDF documents; organize your photos and documents; add sticky notes, text boxes, and comments to documents and photos; and so much more. I am looking forward to diving even further into the software and discovering even more that it can do.
Wireless: The wireless set-up was fast and easy. The printer was able to connect to our router so now all of the computers in the house can access the printer. There is also the option to use the printer via an Ethernet cable, but the cable needs to be purchased separately.
Double Sided Printing: I like that the printer has automatic double sided printing – that is a feature I use often since it saves paper. The printer also has a 20-page automatic document feeder that you can use for sending a fax, making copies, or scanning. The printer comes with a phone cord so you can easily use it as your fax machine.
Ink Cartridges: The printer uses 4 separate ink cartridges which is a great feature. When your ink gets low, you only need to buy the cartridge that needs to be replaced. I also really like the price of the ink cartridges. For example, the black cartridge sells for $14.99 and will print about 300 copies. It also has ink save mode options.
We have a winner: Congrats to Blondy who had comment #245!
Now that you’ve seen what a great printer this is, I bet you are excited to win one!
How to Enter:
You have 4 ways to enter.
1. To enter to win the printer, please leave a comment on this page. In your comment, tell us what feature you like best about the printer!
2. For a second entry, “Like” FrugalMom’s Facebook page, then come back here and tell us in a separate comment that you liked us!
3. For a third entry, share this contest on your Facebook page, then come back here and tell us in a separate comment that you’ve shared the contest on Facebook.
4. For a fourth entry, share this contest with your Twitter followers, then come back here and tell us in a separate comment that you’ve shared the contest on Twitter.
Four great chances to win!
1. The giveaway is open to US residents.
2. The giveaway will begin on Monday, October 31st and will end on Friday, November 4th.
3. The winner will be selected by a random number generator on Saturday, November 5th.
4. The winner will be contacted by email. If the winner does not respond within 3 days, a new winner will be selected.