We have a new winner!
Congratulations to: Dre who had comment #8
Do you have a hard time talking to your kids about finances? T. Rowe Price recently conducted a Parents, Kids, and Money Survey about having conversations with kids about finances, and I was very surprised at the results. While 76% of parents think it is important to have conversations with kids about money, that doesn’t mean they think it is easy!
Look at these results:
Parents of kids aged 8 – 14 think it is easier to talk about:
- Talking on the Phone
- and Surfing the Web
than it is to talk about family finances, saving and spending, and investing.
One of the reasons I believe we have such a hard time talking about money to our kids is because we ourselves have a difficult time with finances. Many are living paycheck to paycheck and money is one of those hot topics that stirs emotions and adds stress to our lives. But that doesn’t mean we are excused from the responsibility of talking to our kids about finances.
Talking with children about saving and spending wisely is perhaps more important than ever, and that’s why T. Rowe Price collaborated with Disney to create The Great Piggy Bank Adventure®. Through the online game and interactive experience at INNOVENTIONS at Epcot® at the Walt Disney World®, they want to help parents talk with their kids about money and good financial habits. Please take a moment to learn about it, maybe you can even use it as a teaching tool with your children!
The Great Piggy Bank Adventure is giving away a Flip Camera to one FrugalMom reader! The camera is a 4GB Ultra HD Flip Cam.
How to Enter:
To enter to win the camera, please leave a comment on this page answering at least ONE of the following questions:
- Is it easier for you to talk about drugs and alcohol than your family finances? If so why?
- Why do you think it is easier for parents to talk about drugs and smoking than family finances with their kids?
- Was the topic of money “taboo” in your family growing up?
- What advice would you give to other parents talking to their kids about the family finances?
- Giveaway is open to all US residents.
- One entry per person.
- The giveaway begins on Monday, August 8 and will end Thursday, August 11th.
- The winner will be selected by random number generator and contacted by email.
- If the winner does not respond after 3 days, a new winner will be selected.
Disclaimer: A gift card to FrugalMom and the Great Piggy Bank Adventure-branded Flip camera for a winner have been provided courtesy of T. Rowe Price. T. Rowe Price is not involved in or responsible for the outcome of this giveaway.