My son received a Kindle last year for Christmas, and he absolutely loves it. While I’d enjoy having one, I have found a couple of alternate (and FREE!) ways to read Kindle books. Did you know you can download the Kindle software and read books on your computer?
- Kindle for your PC – Free download that allows you to read Kindle books from your PC.
- Kindle for your Mac – Free download that allows you to read Kindle books from your Mac.
- Kindle Cloud Reader – The free Cloud Reader allows you to read Kindle books using either Google Chrome, or Safari.
Also, if you have a smart phone, you can also download the free Kindle app and read right from your phone!
Once you have a method for reading the Kindle books, you can now find free books to read.
- Amazon: The first way to find books is on Amazon.com. Amazon always has a nice selection of free Kindle books.
- Library Books: According to Amazon, you can borrow Kindle books from more that 11,000 libraries in the US.
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library: If you are a member of Amazon Prime, you can read one free book per month on your Kindle.