We all know how important for our marriages it is to have quality time together, alone, without the kiddos. We may not have money to go to dinner and the movies every week, but living frugally shouldn’t stop us from having date nights. What we need to do is get creative!
On the Frugal Mom Message Board, we’ve brainstormed ways to have frugal date nights with our husbands or significant others. Here are some ideas other Frugal Moms have come up with:
- Go to a high school play or musical. Tickets are usually only around $5.00
- Picnic in the park
- Many parks have free concerts in the park
- Restaurants.com has discounts on popular restaurants.
- Plan a nice dinner at home and eat once the kids have gone to bed.
- Rent a movie or better yet, borrow a DVD from your library
- Take a walk together
- Take a walk at the mall
- Stop at McDonald’s and get a dessert off of the dollar menu
- Trade babysitting with a friend for a night alone
- Go to the music store and reminisce about songs from when you first met
- Play cards or a board game together
- Visit the bookstore – browse the books and have a cup of coffee
- Do a jigsaw puzzle
Any other ideas? We’d love to hear about them in the comments! And don’t forget to visit our Love and Marriage forum on Frugal Mom Message Board for more ideas on strengthening your marriage.