After you’ve carved your pumpkins , roast the seeds for a delicious and nutritious snack.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Remove all of the seeds from the inside of the pumpkin. Clean the seeds – remove all of the pumpkin and stringy pieces with cold water.
- Dry seeds off and lay them on a cookie sheet.
- Spray seeds with a vegetable spray (or butter), and shake seeds around to coat with both sides.
- Spread seeds out on cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle salt over seeds.
- Place seeds in 325 degree oven until they are nicely toasted. Take them out every 10 minutes and stir them to prevent burning. It should take about 20 – 30 minutes.
Instead of salt, try seasoning with different flavors:
- cinnamon and sugar
- nutmeg, cinnamon, and sugar
- garlic powder
- seasoned salt
- Mrs. Dash
- toss with hot sauce, soy sauce, or Worcestershire Sauce