Everyone loves good camping recipes! It has been a while since the last camping recipes were posted . Here is another collection of scrumptious camping recipes that I have gathered. Many are kid friendly too!
Pigs in Blankets on a Stick
Package of hotdogs
Tube of refrigerated crescent rolls or biscuits
Long skewer or stick for roasting
- Slide one end of a hot dog onto a long skewer or stick so that the stick extends at least halfway into the hot dog.
- Open the can of refrigerated biscuits and separate one biscuit from the dough.
- Roll the biscuit between your hands to form a snake. Twist the dough around the hot dog in a spiral shape.
- Cook your wrapped hot dog over hot coals rather than open flames to avoid burning the dough. The biscuit will turn golden brown when it is done and the hot dog will be cooked through. Serve with mustard and ketchup. Kids will really enjoy helping with this.
Recipe from www.trails.com
Roasted Corn on the Cob in the Husk
4 ears of corn in the husks
4 T. butter
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Soak corn at least 4 hours in water or overnight
- Drain excess water and place on grill or open coals; turn over about every 15 minutes
- Cook for 30-40 minutes and carefully remove from heat
- Carefully pull the husk back but don’t break it off–the silk will come off easily
- Use the husk as a handle and roll the cob in butter. Salt and Pepper to taste.
Recipe from www.Food.com
1 store bought pizza dough
1 8oz can pizza sauce (or 8oz pasta sauce)
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/2 package Pepperoni
Sautéed veggies of your choice
1 Tbsp dried basil
- Roll out pizza dough to form a rectangle.
- Spread pizza sauce over top of dough leaving 1 inch space on edges.
- Top with 1 cup cheese, and additional toppings and remainder of 1 cup cheese, add basil.
- Roll pizza up to form a log and tuck edges in.
- Wrap in thick foil.
- Place pizza log, still in its foil on hot grill or firepit. Cook for about 10-15 minutes flipping over and cook an additional
10-15 minutes. Slice pizza for family & friends. Enjoy!
This recipe can be prepared ahead and frozen. Thaw before placing on heat to cook.
Recipe from www.applecreekcamping.com
Grilled Cinnamon Pineapple
Remove the skin from the pineapple and cut into quarters lengthwise.
Remove the core.
In a big Ziploc or marinating container stir together sugar and cinnamon.
Add pineapple and marinate for up to 30 minutes or more.
Cook pineapple on a hot grill until you have grill marks on each side. Best if served hot. Top with ice cream if desired.
Recipe adapted from www.dailyunadventuresincooking.com
Lemon Dill Grilled Fish Fillets
4 fish fillets, cleaned
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon dry dill
Pepper to taste
Olive oil or butter
4 foil sheets
- Lightly grease bottom of foil sheets with olive oil or butter.
- Place the fish fillet on top and sprinkle each with ¼ of the salt and dill and pepper as desired.
- Slice half the lemon into rings.
- Squeeze the juice from the other half of the lemon over the top of the fish.
- Place two rings over each fish and drizzle with olive oil or add a small pat of butter.
- Fold in sides and roll tightly to seal the packet.
- Place the packet over smoldering white coals for 3 minutes. Flip and continue cooking for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from the fire and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes before eating.
Recipe from www.simplebites.net
Toasted Marshmallow Surprise
Bag of marshmallows
Mini Rolos or Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups unwrapped
Sticks for toasting marshmallows
- Poke a small hole in marshmallow
- Insert candy of choice inside hole. Make sure candy is fully covered with marshmallow
- Pierce with a stick or toasting fork making sure stick pierces candy so it doesn’t fall out
- Toast until golden brown. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from www.cheeriosandlattes.com
- Place the popcorn and oil in the center of an 18-inch square of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Seal the edges to form a loose pouch, leaving room for the kernels to pop.
- Tie a corner of the pouch to a stick with a piece of string or twine.
- Shake continuously over a fire until popped.
- Season with butter and salt, if desired.
Please note each packet is 1 serving.
Recipe adapted from www.wegottaeat.com
_____________________________________________________________________________________________What’s your favorite camping recipe? Please share with us.