I recently made this quiche recipe for a ladies retreat. It was a huge hit and I got lots of requests for the recipe. The nice thing about this quiche recipe is you can customize it to fit with whatever you have on hand. Just follow the basic recipe, then add in whatever filling ideas you have. You really can’t mess this up!
Basic Quiche Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (pie crust)
- 1 Tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Desired Fillings (I do 1 cup of cheese, and 1/2 to 1 cup of another ingredient)
Fillings Ideas (these are just suggestions – you can use whatever sounds good!)
- cheddar cheese & spinach
- feta cheese & spinach
- cheddar cheese & diced ham
- swiss cheese & bacon
- cheddar with asparagus & mushroom
- Swiss cheese & tomatoes
- Swiss & crab meat
- Read the directions on the pie crust for baking instructions.
- Spread the pastry shell with the softened butter and then pre-bake it according to the package directions.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt & pepper.
- Stir in cheese
- Line the pie crust with the 2nd filling ingredient
- Pour egg mixture over the top
Bake at 425 degrees until the quiche is firm and nicely browned on top. It takes between 35 – 45 minutes to cook.