I made 2 dozen of these muffins today and they were a huge hit with the kids. Personally I thought they were a bit dry, and quickly realized my mistake. We have our own chickens and quite often we get eggs with double yolks. Sure enough that was the case today and I counted the double yolk as 2 eggs. Next time I will count the double yolk as one egg and crack a second. Live and learn!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix.
- Alternatlly add the egg mixture and the bananas to the flour mixture.
- Mix just enough to combine – do not over mix.
- Gently stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Fill muffin tins with cupcake liners, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin tin with batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes until muffins are golden brown.
You can get creative with these muffins and vary the ingredients. Try adding 1/4 cup walnuts instead of the peanut butter chips, or omit the chocolate and peanut butter chips and add 1 cup of blueberries. You are only limited by your imagination!
What is your favorite flavor of muffins?